It Only Matters If You Want to Stay Out In Front Of Your Customers
As always the world is changing under your feet as you watch it go by. You and everyone around you, clutching a smart phone are part of this great societal change. Each time as you pull out your mobile phone and search for the next gas station or ask your on board digital valet a question you answer the question of why it matters. Make no mistake about it, our lives will continue to change and evolve as smart phones and hand held devices expand their foothold into our lives. The Question on your mind should be then, how do you capitalize on this paradigm shift to smaller search gadgets?
To keep out front of this new wave of user interface you will need to optimize your site for mobile. This may include a complete rework of your digital footprint to serve your mobile based customers or if your a smaller website then you may want to use a mobile processing agent to Mobilize your website. This is a straight forward way to go mobile with the smallest investment. For the those larger sites a reworked to specifically address mobile is the better choice. Reworked websites can load at the same time as regular PC based website and on server scripts recognizing the device will deliver the appropriate pages made for that device. In some cases a deeper look into your analytics will distinctly show your users are heavy Apple Ipad users and you can make a sister mobile site ultra Ipad friendly.
The motivating reason to take on this new work is one based on past history of how society’s quickly changing use of technology. If we make one clearly good assumption based on the facts before us, it is this. Mobile will continue to grow based on present trends. From this one knowledge based assumption we can clearly see the writing is on the wall to optimize or lose what market share you have at this time.
Fun Facts to Motivate You into Optimizing for Mobile
- Over half of mobile searches lead to purchases
- Local searches are projected to exceed 84 billion in 2015
- Mobile ads preformed 4-5 times better than online ads
- Thanksgiving 2014 saw mobile traffic exceed Desktop traffic. That same Cyber Monday saw mobile traffic at 41% of all traffic
- Over One Half of the Millennial Age Group use their smart phone to search the web. Compare this to the PC heavy use of the older generations.
- Online Users Spent More Time watching online content than watching TV in Quarter 3 of 2014
- Forbes extrapolates by 2018 video delivered by mobile devices will be 69% of all traffic. This will be a rate of increase of 53% when compared to 2013.
If you want to stay ahead of the changing landscape of Digital Interface you’ll need to plan now and change your online strategy. Delay will only cause you revenue in the long term.